The Falcon Bowling Club was founded in 1908 with the original green being located in a walled garden of the Bell Hotel on the corner of Tindal Street and Market Road, at this stage it consisted of an Outdoor Green Facility and Clubhouse only.
In 1938 we moved to Seymour Street still operating as an Outdoor only Club. In 1964 the membership increased the premises by adding an Indoor Facility consisting of 5 rinks, one of the first Indoor Facilities in the Country.
In 2002 the Club relocated to our present site in Channels Drive, Chelmsford where we now have extensive first-class facilities including, 8 Indoor rinks, two Outdoor greens, one being an All-Weather Surface, and substantial car parking.
The Club continues to develop its local Community links and National Profile within bowling circles whilst also providing first-class facilities for the Membership.